Sunday 17 November 2013

Task2 Do young people today make good use of their leisure time?

It is well known fact that nowadays young people have much more leisure time than their parents had years ago. But does teenagers use their free time in a good way? I am really sure that the answer for this question is negative.

I know that our leisure time can be sacrificed for almost anything.  But as an adult I am able to see that free time can be used in productive or unproductive way. I truly believe that too much watching television and playing video games is not a good way of spending time. Much more productive from physical and psychological point of view is taking part in outdoor activities. After even one hour out of home you can be really relaxed and de-stressed.

If you are a teenager you spend a lot of time at school. Your body needs physical activities and if you spend almost all your spare time before screens there is a high probability that in a near future you will have serious problems with your backbone and vision. Therefore somewhere outside of home you can meet interesting people, learn fascinating things etc. Do you know any advantages of watching television? I do not. And this is the reason why I do not even have the television at my house. Instead of watching TV I can learn something or talk to my friends or whatever. Anything is better than being a couch potato.   


 To sum up, teenagers spend too much time watching TV or playing computer games nowadays. They should be learnt how to use their time in much more productive way. It is the role of parent to do that.

No comments: