Sunday 8 June 2008

Formal letter - long

Dear Mr Spiller,

Thank you very much for your letter informing me that I have won first
prize in the competition. I am looking forward to going to Australia and
attending the course.

I would prefer to travel to Australia in August. Firstly, the weather in
August is better than in September. Secondly, classes at my highschool
start in September, so I wiil not have time for any course.

I response to your query about my preferences for morning classes, I
would like to join the speaking and listening class. I think I could
improve my English in this area.

In the afternoon I would like to do the scuba diving course, because
this kind of sport is not very adventurous, but it's very interesting.
On the other hand, I love swimming and I have never swum in Australia,
so it could be a great experiences for me. I would be also interested in
visiting an Australian socondary school. I would like to know if it is
true that schools in Australia have got high standard of teaching. Why
do they conduct so many experiments in chemical laboratories?

Could you tell me what type of accomodation is provided and what kind of
clothes I should bring with me?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Radek

No comments: